"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor".
When installing the software you may receive the following message:
This error may come from different reasons:
- You are running Windows XP or older.
- Windows is not updated.
- Not full access to the folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ or C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\
To troubleshoot the issue follow the items below in order, after each item, restart the computer and try the installation again, if still fails, proceed to the next item listed:
1. Make sure that Windows is updated.
2. Change the permissions to full access to:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ or C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\
1. Make sure that the hidden files and folders are shown in Windows:
1.1. Open the Control Panel in Windows.
1.2. Click on Folder Options to open the Folder Options pop-up.
1.3. In the tab View under the section Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
1.4. Click OK.
2. Open Windows Explorer and locate the folder mentioned above.
3. Right click on the folder, the Local Properties pop up window will appear.
4. Select the tab Security.
5. Click Edit, the Permissions for Local pop up window will open.
6. On Group or user names, select the desired user.
7. Ensure that the Allow check box for Full control is activated, else activate it.
8. On the Permissions for Local pop up window, click OK (if no changes were made) or Apply (if changes were made).
9. On the Local Properties pop up window, click OK (if no changes were made) or Apply (if changes were made).
3. If the above suggestions do not solve the issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org